The 10thth annual Kosher Food & Wine Experience New York (www.KFWE2016.com) sponsored by The Royal Wine Co., welcomes oenophiles and foodies in the tri-state area to indulge in a gourmet event featuring the finest kosher wines, spirits and food, with many new offerings being introduced at the show. This year’s KFWE takes place on Monday, February 29 at Pier 60, Chelsea Piers (Hudson River & 21st St, NYC),
Guests will sample from among 300 kosher wines and spirits, as well as the finest cuisine from top area kosher caterers and restaurateurs. An added attraction this year is The Hornblower Infinity Yacht, which will feature…
KFWE NY 2016 is a two-part event. The daytime portion (noon- 4:30 pm) is open to industry professionals, trade and the media, free of charge. The evening portion, which will offer additional fare, is open to consumers with tickets, at 6:30 pm. VIP tickets are sold out.
New wines this year, some making their debut at the show include:
- Herzog Limited Edition Camouflage – a true field blend from 12 different varieties celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Herzog Wine Cellars making wine in California
- UVA - Montepulciano d’Abruzzo. A high quality, unique wine from Italy, made by a small boutique winery
- Château Grand Puy Ducasse Pauillac - a prestigious classified 5th growth from Bordeaux
- Capçanes La Flor del Flor Samso – a delicious and age-worthy Spanish Carignan from old vines
- Teperberg Essence Cabernet Sauvignon – one of the best wines from one of Israel’s largest wineries
- Psagot Sinai – an exciting new blend from an award-winning Israeli winery
- Château Piada – The latest release of this great dessert wine from Sauternes
- Champagne des Barons de Rothschild – the Rothschild families have joined their skills and knowledge to create this impressive Champagne
According to Jay Buchsbaum, VP marketing and Director of Wine Education, the Royal Wine Corp./Kedem, “Kosher wine in America is big business - upwards of $28 million in sales, and growing. Today consumers have a consistent interest in better quality kosher wines, towards more complex and more layered wines. There is also an increase in total consumption and a great interest specifically in high-end Israeli wines.
For the kosher consumer, the future is quite exciting and ever evolving for the non-kosher consumer as well, as he or she can now ignore the fact that the wine is kosher and simply focus on its quality. And they are, quality,” adds Buchsbaum.
Guests will have the chance to enjoy tastings from more than 20 kosher restaurants, caterers and gourmet specialty food companies from the greater NYC area including sushi, BBQ, Asian, Continental, French, Mexican, Caribbean and traditional kosher with some modern twists! Complete the evening with aperitifs, specialty coffees and mouthwatering desserts including pastries, cakes, ice cream and other specialty desserts (all non-dairy/parve).
Tickets for KFWE NY 2016 are $125 per person and are only available by advance purchase at www.KFWE2016.com. (No tickets will be sold at the door). This event will sell out.
About Royal Wine/Kedem
Founded in 1848, Royal Wine Corp., also known as Kedem, has been owned and operated in the United States by the Herzog family, whose winemaking roots date back eight generations to 19th century Czechoslovakia.
Today Royal Wine's portfolio of domestic and international wines range from traditional wine producing regions of France, Italy and Spain, as well as Israel, New Zealand and Argentina. Additionally, Royal Wine Corp.’s spirit and liqueur portfolio offers some of the most sought after scotches, bourbons, tequilas and vodkas as well as hard to find specialty items such as flavored brandies and liqueurs.
The company owns and operates the Kedem Winery in upstate New York, as well as Herzog Wine Cellars in Oxnard, California, a state-of-the-art-facility featuring guided wine tours, a fully staffed modern tasting room, gift shop and catering facilities. Additionally, the winery houses the Award winning restaurant Tierra Sur, serving the finest Mediterranean inspired contemporary Californian Cuisine.